Got a file?
Upload your file and get a free instant quote
Pressure die casting is a means of mass-producing low temperature metallic components with a high degree of precision and repeatability. Unlike gravity die casting, the process is automated and the liquid metal or alloy is injected under high force into a hardened steel tool.
Pressure die casting is great for manufacturing higher volumes of metal parts in aluminium, zinc or magnesium. Similar to injection molding but for metals.
Highlights – Similar to injection molding but for metals, a mold tool is first manufactured by 3D Max Pro’s highly skilled toolmakers and engineers. This is then installed on a die casting press and molten metal is injected under pressure into the tool cavity. The parts can then be finished in a range of ways including powder coating and anodizing.
Benefit of Die Casting
- Die casting provides complex shapes within closer tolerances than many other mass production processes.
- Die Castings are produced at high rates of production. Little or no machining is required.
- Die casting provides parts which are durable, dimensionally stable, and have the feel and appearance of quality.
- Die castings can be produced with thinner walls than those obtainable by other casting methods and much stronger than plastic injection moldings with the same dimensions.
- Die casting dies can produce thousands of identical castings within specified tolerances before additional tooling may be required.